Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Voice of an Angel

I'm sitting here at my desk at the office listening to kd lang sing. The album is "Hymns of the 49th Parallel." Is there anyone else in this great big world who has a more beautiful voice? If there is, I'd sure like to know who it is. She has the most perfect voice I think I've ever heard. Yes, I know she's a lesbian, and no, I don't agree with that lifestyle. I think it's a terrible cancer on this nation and will prove to be one of the things that finally brings this wonderful country to its knees. But there is just something about her voice that I can't get over.

There are few artists in the world today for whom I actually have some kind of respect. Most of them are self-absorbed, no-talent hacks who can think of nothing but themselves. For her, I have respect. I could listen to her sing all day long. She calms me. Her voice literally makes me weep.

A few days ago I was watching a few clips from a show in England called "Britain Has Talent." It's the same show we see here in the US, called "America Has Talent" here. On it there was a young man named Paul Pots. He seemed like a very unlikely contestant, but I thought I'd give him a chance. I'm glad I did. His operatic tenor was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Again, it literally made me weep. I sat here listening to that beautiful tenor voice with tears freely streaming down my cheeks.

The judges gave Paul Pots virtually no chance of winning when they first laid eyes on him. However, because of his talent, they had to look beyond the outward and look inward. Paul doesn't look like an opera singer (whatever they look like), but he sounds like nothing I've ever heard.

Many times we have to look beyond to see the inner. God looks on the inner man. I do think that God cares about homosexuality, but I also think He loves them the same as He loves me. To be truly like His Son, shouldn't I do the same?

No comments: