Friday, October 28, 2011

The Good, The Bad and the Scary

I can't express to you how grateful I am to Heavenly Father today.

Yesterday, without rumor or warning, my Director, my boss and another good friend were laid off. Usually we hear rumblings about layoffs way in advance. This time there was nothing. Not a hint. Not a word. Not an allegation. They came to work yesterday and shortly thereafter just went home.

The good side of this is that it's really a notification of being laid off. The actually termination doesn't happen for another 30 days. Meanwhile you're still an employee and you get paid as usual. So, there is time to find something else.

The job market in this area is also relatively good, compared to the rest of the country. All three of them are talented and bright and will most likely fall directly on their feet. I have no doubt of that.

The bad part is that I feel so bad for all of them. What a rotten hand to be dealt...ever! My boss was always so easy to work for. He always had my back and went to bat for me on countless occasions. I will miss all three of them immensely.

The scary part is, it could have been anyone. Why I was spared, I can't tell you. It's certainly not because I'm more talented than they are, because I'm not. It wasn't because Heavenly Father loves me more than them, because He doesn't. I just don't know why it happened the way it did.

All I can tell you is that I'm thankful. Very, very thankful.

1 comment:

bNdZfam said...

Wow dude- scary times, and you've dodged that bullet a lot. What a great blessing. 'Tis not fun to be out of work, for sure... for anyone. Hope your friends will be OK and that you will continue to be so as well. They say that when the Lord closes a door on you, He opens a window somewhere else. Sometimes that window may be like a birthing canal- it's a tough process, but you have to try and have hope to get through it :)