Friday, August 6, 2021

I Believe

I believe in brittle Autumn leaves that crackle under my feet, cool, crisp air,
mended fences that lie between the homes of brothers, hiking a steep trail,
family, books, exotic birds I've never seen before, cold water, long walks
with her hand enveloped in mine, hard work, black-bottomed
thunderheads on a summer's day, truck drivers, vaccinations,
fingernails, sports on tv, going to bed late and getting up early,
podcasts that make me think, snow-covered mountains that cast shadows on
all other existence, taking off my boots after a long day of
skiing, learning new things, the love of a good woman, children laughing,
old-time Westerns, wrestling with a good dog, a stiff breeze when
it's too hot. Indian summer when it lasts into October, scripture,
a God who loves me and wants me to come home.

No comments: