Friday, April 12, 2013

These Things I Love
(My Hallmark Greeting Card Poem)

Star that twinkle.
The sun so bright.
Harvest moon
On a cloudless night.

Sleeping quite late
On a Saturday.
Mountains so high.
A western day.

Precious honeysuckle
When it blooms in spring.
And all the joy
That Christmas brings.

My children's laugh
And a cool, cool stream.
Watching tv
And having a dream.

Playing some ball
And puffy white clouds.
My children's talents
That make me proud.

Bright yellow flowers
And purple and white.
A nice cool zephyr
And flying a kite.

The smell of lilac.
Sunsets out west.
The smell of a baby
And being the best.

All of these things
I love so profound.
They give me such joy
Like nothing I've found.

But there's one other thing
I love most in my life.
I love none of these things
Like I do my sweet wife.

1 comment:

bNdZfam said...

That was sweet- I mean, dripping with goo! Julie Andrews has nothing on you, dude! And I'm sure you scored some lovely brownie points with your Sugar for this one, no?