Monday, June 14, 2010

A Good Week

My little girl played on the All-Star team last Saturday. You think I was the proud papa? I took 179 pictures during a four-inning game. I don't usually get the opportunity to take many pictures during All-Star games because I'm usually a coach. But this is the first time Hannah has been on an All-Star team and I wasn't involved in softball in any way. So, the proud daddy prowled the sidelines and took as many pictures as he could. I'll only show a few here.

Not only did she get elected to and then play on the All-Stars, she also got into the Signet program at school. Signet is an accelerated program in which the kids meet once or twice a week and go over stuff they wouldn't in their regular classes. Jacob got into Signet a few years ago and started out hating it. Now he loves it because they do things he thinks are really interesting. He got in because of his math skills. Hannah made it because of her language and communications skills. I keep telling both of them that they got into that class because they are exceptional kids, smart kids, if you will. I don't mean to make it sound like they're better than anyone else, because the last thing I want them to think is that they're better than anyone. But they should feel that they are intelligent kids, as I think that helps a person have a good self esteem.

Now, if that weren't enough, she also got into the local dance company. She tried out a few weeks ago and finally got her letter. She was thrilled. They dance in the local parades and such, and have even gone the Macy's parade to dance there. All in all, I'd say that's a pretty good week. Wish I had more like that.

No comments: