Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another Good Week

My little man graduated from Elementary School last night. Now he's a Middle Schooler, which really doesn't seem possible to me. My kids are growing up way, way too fast. Not only did he graduate, but he also was awarded the Presidential Award for Academic Excellence. He qualified for that by having at least a 3.5 GPA and certain high scores on standardized tests. I was so proud of him. Too bad that little gal had to step in front of him right when he was getting his diploma. Would have made a lot better picture without her in it. This one to the right is a picture of him with his teacher. Jacob really enjoyed being in her class.

He and I also went and ran in a one-mile fun run on Saturday. I guess it was called The Race for the Future. It was for an Elementary School here in town. It was a one-mile course that was pretty hilly and there were about 40-50 people involved. The rest ran in the 5k race, which I didn't think we were ready to run together. Neither one of us had really trained for it. In the picture above he's wearing the t-shirt he got for the race that very morning. Notice how he's already filthied it up.

Anyway, the race started and we ran together for a little while, until he got tired of running so slowly. He ran just ahead of me until the halfway mark. Then he turned on the jets...and won the race. He passed an adult at the very end to win by about 15 feet. I was so proud of him. He was jacked the rest of the day. Eleven years old and he's already winning races. Good for you, Jacob. I'm proud of you. Tip your hat to all of the applause.

No comments: