Tuesday, June 8, 2010

You've Got a Friend

Took my sweetie to see James Taylor and Carole King last night. It was a terrific concert, which I really enjoyed. They sang so many good songs, from "You've Got A Friend" to "Sweet Baby James" to "Fire and Rain". JT joked and goofed, as he usually does, and CK rocked. And I mean rocked. She bellowed and was about as raucous as any long-haired rocker could be. The chemistry was terrific. This is about the 6th or 7th time I've seen JT, so admittedly I'm a fan. This is the first time for CK, and I hope it's not the last. I've got a few of her cds, including her Living Room Tour live album. Excellent. The shot to the left is a picture of one of the jumbo-tron monitors they had at the top of the stage, which rotated once every 15 minutes or so. Kelly and I had seats high up in the rafters, but it didn't matter. The sound was still good there and you could actually speak to the person next to you without having to shout in their ear. I have no lingering ringing in my ears today (except the tinitus I usually have). That's a nice change. To the right there's a picture of the stage from where were. You can see JT standing at the mike and CK sitting at her piano. This tour they're doing is a celebration of the concert they did together 40 years ago at the Troubadour theater in LA. That concert propelled them both to stardom. They even had to original cast there, including Leland Sklar (bass), Russ Kunkel (drums) and Kootch (Danny Kortchmar) on guitar. Pretty cool. Here's a picture I got out of the Washington Post. That's Lee Sklar you can see with the long beard. Great show. Parking cost us $25 and I felt as though I were driving into the bowels of hell, but we finally got to the end of the parking lot, though we couldn't find our way out after the concert. Good show. Go see it if you have the chance.

No comments: