Monday, June 21, 2010

Never Again

I will never touch my son's head of hair again as long as I live. That is a promise you can bank on. Never, ever, ever.

Jacob made the All-Star team again this year. It's been a tradition on the All-Stars that the boys get a close haircut. Most of the boys do it. It's a team thing. I believe all but one or two did it last year and so far this year I think we only lack a handful. Jacob decided that he was going to get one, too, but there was a price attached to it. Fifty US dollars. For 50 US dollar he'd get his hair cut short, too.

I thought it was a bargain. His hair was too long as it was (as you can see by the picture) and $50 was just the way to get it cut. Deal, I said. This was Saturday afternoon. I'd take him to the barber that evening. Turns out I didn't have to wait that long.

When we got home from the pool that evening Jacob told me that I could cut it if I had $50 lying around. Yea, right? Me? With money? I had $7 and his mom made up the difference and we went upstairs to get it done.

Personally, I think it looks terrific. It's short, neat and to the point (although he has no bangs as he does in this picture). He is mortified. Since he's miserable, EVERYONE now needs to be miserable. He went to the pool today with his sister and mom and wouldn't take the towel off of his head. He's mortified. Short hair is for geeks...like his dad.

It's going to a long, long summer.

No comments: